Hong Kong Visa Information

U.S. Citizens visiting Hong Kong for not more than three months/90 days are not required to obtain visas. They must have a U.S. passport valid for at least six months and evidence of adequate funds for their stay and onward transportation. Those wishing to stay more than three months must obtain visas from a Chinese Embassy or Consulate. Visitors are not permitted to study or work (whether paid or not).

It is important to note that the information on this page is for visa requirements for The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region only. Individuals seeking visas for entry into the People’s Republic of China (PRC) should contact either the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the United States in Washington, D.C. or the PRC Consulate General which services their geographic area in the United States.

Click the Appropriate Link Below for More Information